When selling your car, or any item for that matter, you always hope to get as much money back as you possibly can right? So if there were a few minor tweaks to be made to increase your return why risk losing out? Did you know that having a spare car key fob when selling your car you are more likely to get a sale? This is as it is common knowledge that paying for replacement car key fobs for a lost or stolen car key can be far more expensive than having a spare car key programmed in the first place.
Advertising when selling your car is your first, essential step to a successful sale.
There are many ways you can advertise, some free, others involving a cost.
Some of the most popular ways of advertising cars are:
- ‘For sale’ signs in local shop windows
- Car auction sites, such as eBay and eBid
- A ‘for sale’ sign in one of your car’s windows
- In your local newspaper’s classified ads section
- Car-selling websites such as AutoTrader and Gumtree
Whichever option(s) you choose, your advertisement must by law describe the car accurately and include the following details:
- Your contact details
- List of equipment/taxes
- Full service history (or not)
- The exact make and model
- The year of manufacture and registration identifier (eg ‘09’ or ‘59’ plate for 2009
All in all it it best o be as up front and honest about your car as possible to avoid any awkward situtations.
Spare Key Points
Get in touch with RCK today and get brownie points when selling your vehicle – Spare Car Keys are a lifesaver!
We at Redditch Car Keys
can programme car key fobs for up to 95% of vehicles currently on UK roads. Our service is fast and our prices are competitive